We all love great food and this particular recipe from BC chef Shelley Adams is outstanding. The key to this super delicious vegetarian meal in my opinion is the dressing. Even though I know it’s just psychological, I often don’t feel satisfied after a vegetarian dish, but that was NOT the case after having this! It’s fresh, tasty, light and packed with nutrients so it’s perfect for the summer.
It serves 8, so you can half it if that’s too much, but leftovers are wonderful with chicken 🙂
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use olive)
- 8 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 2 cups grated raw carrots
- 2 cups grated raw beets
- 2 cups of packed raw baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups of roasted chopped almonds
- 2 cups of cubed extra-firm tofu (optional – I don’t use this personally)
Glory Bowl Dressing: (this can be refrigerated for up to 1 week)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 cup of tamari sauce
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil (I use olive)
If you are using tofu, in a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat; fry tofu and stir often until browned – typically about 10 minutes.
Dressing: In a blender, puree the yeast, tamari, vinegar, water, tahini and garlic. With the motor running, slowly add the oil and blend until smooth.
To serve, divide the rice evenly among the bowls and tops with the carrots, spinach, beets, almonds and tofu. Then drizzle each bowl with 3 tablespoons of dressing and it’s ready to enjoy.
9:00am - 12:00pm
2:30pm - 5:00pm
3:00pm - 6:30pm
8:00am - 11:00am
12:00pm - 3:00pm
9:30am - 12:30pm
3:30pm - 6:30pm
9:30am - 1:00pm